Sunday, September 21, 2008

BIG Things at Church!!

Today at church Pastor Rick shared with us the plans for upcoming changes to the Franklin campus as well as the new location for the Spring Hill campus. It was SOOOOOOO cool!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am!!! The most amazing part of the Spring Hill campus is the children's area. It is bright, colorful, and so inviting for kids of all ages. When that part of the video was shown, I turned to my friend and said, "That is so cool that it makes me want to have another baby!!" I can't wait for Sydney to see this amazing area that has been planned for her and the other children at our church! What an exciting place to learn about Jesus!!

Pastor Rick challenged us today to begin praying about how we can give ($$) to the building project. I must admit that since Sydney was born Todd and I have not done a very good job with our tithing. I know the church needs our tithes in order to build buildings, create programs, do mission work, and more than anything lead others to Christ. My challenge is to begin FAITHFULLY tithing again. I will be honest and say that this is a little hard for me because money is so tight right now. I know, though, that God always has and always will provide for us, so I must remind myself of that. I want to become a CHEERFUL giver so that others may come to know Christ!!

If you would like to see the video that was shown today, please visit http://www.pclive.org/ and click on the 9/21/08 service. It may not be on the site for a day or two. I encourage you to watch the entire sermon part (although Pastor Rick does not do a lot of "preaching"). There are some really good testimonies that demonstrate why our church does what it does in an effort to reach people for Christ. I hope today's message at The Peoples Church excites you as much as it did me, even if you do not attend my church!!

Have a blessed day!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always like to say, you can't out give God. Meaning if you give, when you really don't have the funds, he will provide you with more funds.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Tis true, tis true! But I completely understand the "things are so tight" feeling...LOL