Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Thoughts on the Election

Well, as much as I wish it were not so, it looks like Obama is going to be our next President. I'm not surprised, but I was very much hoping for a different outcome in this election. As disappointed as I am, I am not one to drown myself in pity and stay upset about things. I like to stay positive! So, this is what I think about the outcome of this election....

I think this is God's way of telling us to get our butts in gear and get back to the FAITH that this country was founded upon. So many people have been so scared about what the future would hold if Obama were to be elected, and I admit I have also been scared at times. However, I see this more as a wake-up call from God. We have let our beliefs, values, morality, and basic common decency go down the toilet, and we can only do that for so long before it comes back to bite us. We CANNOT keep living like we have, folks! It's time to stand up for what we believe in and make this country strong again! Collectively we are facing the consequences of our actions, and our behavior has to STOP.

What do I plan on doing about this? First, I plan to get on my knees and pray for Obama. He needs all the prayers he can get as our next President. I would not trade places with him for the world. I pray that God will guide him, even if he does not seek His guidance.

Second, I plan to take these lemons and make some tasty lemonade! I refuse to get down about this election. I refuse to see only doom and gloom for our future. I am an AMERICAN for God's sake! I live in the BEST country in the world, and there are millions of people who would give anything to have the opportunities that I have. I plan on using the talents God has given me to be the best person I can be, and I plan on treating others with kindness and respect. GOD is in control of my life, NOT Obama, so I plan on reminding myself of that daily. I encourage you also to remember who is in control of YOUR life.