Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Wee Bit of Jealousy

Many of you know that I used to work at Belmont University. I worked there twice. First, I worked in housing from 1998 to 2001, and I oversaw two residence halls. Then, I left for a few years and returned in 2004 to work in the Registrar's Office. While Belmont was a wonderful place to work, when Sydney was born I decided to stay home with her, so I quit my job there. I have since gone back to work part-time, but not at Belmont. I LOVE my current job, but today I must admit that I wish I was back at Belmont. I am also a little jealous of my friends who still work there. Why am I jealous today?? Well, it's because of the 2008 Presidential Debate that is happening on Belmont's campus tonight, baby!!

I am jealous of the excitement and energy on Belmont's campus today. It is such an honor and privilege to be asked to host a Presidential Debate, and I know everyone at Belmont is riding high with the "buzz" going on there today. Oh, I wish I could be a part of that buzz!! I tried to get tickets to the debate thinking that I could experience a wee bit of the Belmont excitement that way. But alas, no tickets were being given out or sold to the general public. Apparently, you had to be invited to attend the debate. Well, poo on that!!

I do wish all of my former Belmont co-workers much good luck today. I know there's a lot going on there, and I pray that all goes well. Enjoy the excitement, have fun, and think of me!!

1 comment:

k.mart said...

Michelle! Just discovered your blog, and now that I'm in a MUCH better place, would love to connect at some point. We still feel blessed for the meal you provided! Hope you're enjoying fall around here!